Defensive Driving Training
defensive driving training
This training is provided by certified instructors from the German Road Safety Council (DVR) for Passenger Vehicles, Light Commercial Vehicles and Heavy Commercial Vehicles. Contents and methodology is accordingly designed for each vehicle group.
Drivers should learn the principles of Defensive Driving; Avoid of getting involved in hazard situations.
Defensive Driving is not a driving technique but more a driving behavior.
Theoretical training plus one to one driving in real traffic together with your instructor. Risks and potential hazards are being discussed and evaluated together with your instructor.
- Accident statistics
- Target zero accident policy
- Why seatbelt
- Rear seatbelt
- Child seat
- Daily Vehicle check
- Steering wheel handling
- Mobile phone
- Time plan/ journey management
- Reaction time
- Speed and braking distance
- Overtaking and lane change
- Traffic signs and junctions
- Visual angle
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Accident report
- Highway rules
Rules to be considered:
1. Drivers driving experience must be sufficient to drive in real traffic
2. Drivers should attend the training 6-12 months after starting his assignment
3. Drivers must attend the training with their own company cars
4. Per group should be max. 14 participants
1. Theoretical training – 3 hours in a training/meeting room
2. Practical training – 1 hour one to one in real traffic with your instructor